Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Advent

Advent, 'the coming', as a church season is here and I could not be more eager to relish and soak in the significance.

Waiting on God to end hunger, pain, sorrow, injustice, illness, disease, mental illness, despair, violence, sin, war, brain tumor's, breast cancer, ALS, etc.  I have a whole long list; my list grows every Advent, of all the things I am eagerly waiting on God to end, heal and redeem.

Thank God for God and Advent.  A special time for waiting... resting... reflecting on what is and what is nto yet to be...

I talked with Calvary's children about how Advent is like an adventure a faith journey into the past to remember Jesus birth, and also a journey into the future to celebrate Jesus will come again in fullness, glory and splendor.  And we do this journey NOW!  In the midst of the have-done, almost-accomplished, yet-to be of the world.

What a relief Advent is that I do not do a thing.  But God does.  What a joy Advent reminds me that God is moving, and working and I can trust in my waiting on God.

Advent, come on!  And Come!

No comments: