Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Devotion and Blog at Upper Room

After years of attempts, near-misses, fails, and rejects; last year The Upper Room Daily Devotion accepted one of my devotions.  It was written about my mother in law regarding her long journey with cancer.

I received word from the editorial staff about 4 weeks after her death.  The moment was bittersweet. My excitement over publishing something was diminished by my sense of loss and grief.  But then, God is always good.

When the staff from Upper Room asked me to write a follow up blog and include a picture, I jumped at the chance to finish my mother in law's story.  Or at least finish my story of her.

Here is the link to that blog for you to enjoy.

Be blessed... even in bittersweetness.

http://devotional.upperroom.org/blog/2014/08/knight083114

No comments: