Tuesday, September 23, 2014

American Legion Posts

Normally, I do not loiter outside of buildings, but last night I loitered.  I never felt safer than I did waiting outside the American Legion Post here in Brownsburg.  Quite a collection of memorials, flags and other patriotic signage!

My host welcomed me and we wandered through the bar, er canteen?!  Until we wound are way into the large dining hall that I had visited during a wedding feast years ago.

Fascinating to meet our local vets.  Share their stories and learn about what they do for others.  I was intrigued by the empty chair upon which the colors of the MIA flag were laid throughout their meeting in recognition of their on-going passion to bring the last soldiers home.

Thank you vets!  For who you are, what you have done, and what you continue to do for our country and our local communities!

No comments: