Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Rejected Poems!

Earlier this year I sent several poems into a publication which I humbly thought met their thematic requirements.

Both were rejected!  "Boo", said my husband.

In the interest of sharing and also the risk of rejection or at least dislike, here are my poems; Am I and Prism of Self In Prayer.  Enjoy. Or Not.


Am I


I am a woman.
gifted
balanced
insightful
compassionate
loving
hardworking
funny
inquisitive
playful
passionate
sexual
uncertain
afraid
impatient
lonely.

I am a woman.

            Sister
Granddaughter
Leader
Pastor
Daughter
Cousin
Friend
Mother
Confidant
Teacher
Preacher
Shepherd
Spiritual director
Prophet
Prayer

I am a woman.
and it isn’t easy

being me.  




Prism of Self-In-Prayer

Who am I before God? In prayer?

I am yellow
            light - surrounded by.
I am purple
                        bowed -bent low to.
I am deep blue
                        poor – in spirit with.
I am pink
                        finite – graced upon.
I am magenta 
                        small – magnitude of glory.
I am burgundy
                        Human – loved by Divine.

I am in the sight of God
Who is.

I am me- before God.
Search me and know my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting them! There are lots of other magazines out there, too.