Thursday, June 19, 2014

Too Busy to Blog

Even though life and ministry have been extremely full since the beginning of May; I wanted to stop and celebrate special God/ministry/family moments:


  1. Met amazingly dedicated UMW women while leading a retreat in Fort Wayne.  They may have been 20-40 years older than I, but I want to have their passion when I am their age!
  2. My preacher/pastor soul was fed in ways I did not even realize I was hungry while at the Festival of Homiletics!
  3. Turned another year older and felt good about it!
  4. Preaching a meaningful and memorably Mother's Day sermon and received the BEST compliment ever from a woman who never had children, "Usually this holiday is a downer for me and I feel out of it.  But today was the first time in worship on Mother's Day that I felt included!"
  5. Walked a 5k with less preparation than I should have and did not hurt myself.
  6. Met and visited with terrific pastors from Indiana while at Festival.  So glad to get to know these women and men of God better.
  7. My kiddo ended her year with straight A's in last nine weeks, and AB honor roll for the year.  She was proud of her accomplishments which means the world to us!
  8. Finished another year of volunteer work at the local elementary school and all my secret ninja like praying while in that building.
  9. Presented a comprehensive, complicated and controversial motion at Annual Conference to the body at large and did not have tomatoes thrown at me; helped the conference moved forward in meaningful directions.
  10. Made it through the first anniversary of my mother in law's death with tears, frustration, loneliness, etc.
  11. Was blown away by our impressively compassionate and amazing youth during VBS this summer!
  12. Touched by the music and spirit of our Youth Sunday worship!

No comments: