Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Reluctant

I enter into this holiday season of Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas with a profound awareness of my inner reluctance.

My heart still grieves as does my little family.  Holidays after the death of a loved one are just no nasty and raw!  Such bittersweetness... to bake the yummy foods, decorate our homes, and gather around a table with one chair so obviously absent.

I know this terrain.

Other times in my life I have traversed this space... it is just so hard to navigate this hallowed ground on behalf of my little one who simply misses her Nana.

What traditions do we keep for continuity and what new expressions are born from this?
 Tough to say.

I have decided that however reluctant I am ... I cannot stop the movement of momentum in the calendar... so here goes!

By God's great grace.

No comments: