Sunday, July 7, 2013

Vacation Time...and How Fast We Live

 Rarely, do my feet stay up for long with an overly busy grade schooler, overachieving-working-while-in-grad-school husband, a dog-who-eats-anything-not-tied-down, and a fast growing congregation.  But this week- my feet were up!  (and they almost got sunburned too!)

About March of this year I saw the warning signs of stress and fatigue on my family and insisted that we plan for a week away this summer.  One of the few times I was right that the family can celebrate!  Ha!

No school work (for anyone), no pet messes, no work for the parents, no cooking for me- just sunshine, sand, trees, lake water, boats and the crowds of people at Holiday World!  Ah... sigh with me... it is just divine.

I have read so many trashy books this week that my mind is mush and I need to get something new at the library tomorrow.  

But it is good. 

Oh, so good to get my little family away from the whirlwind of how fast we live these days. Even to hear my daughter mutter over and over while waiting for fireworks to begin... "I am bored."  We unplugged from laptops, iphones, and even yes, the iPad!  It was good to be still.... quiet and maybe begin to hear ourselves and each other again!

Ahh...



.  

No comments: