Monday, May 6, 2013

Waters of Baptism...

The waters of Baptism never run dry and neither does the creek behind our church at Calvary UMC.  I am proud to say our confirmation students, with an additional 55 other folks who joined us to 'represent the church', stood creekside on Saturday night.

Our baptismal font, provided by nature, was like a tall glass of ice water... heavy on ice.  A photo in worship on Sunday showed my squealing face when my big toe touched the icy waters!  Ha ha!  But the waters were wet and did the job to wash siners clean, bring lost ones home, and set people apart for a life of service and sacrifice for others in the name of Jesus! 

The salt in the waters trickled from my tears... as I usually puddle up during baptisms... but especially as we confirm each student on Sunday morning!  This year's class may not remember it, but I ahve had the majority of them since they were born.  I have taught them stories in VBS.  They were in my 4th grade Bible Class for students and parents.  Several were in kindergarten chapel with me during their kindergarten year in our Learning Academy! 

I am so very proud of these confirmands and mostly I am honored to witness how the church makes disciples... shaping lives after Christ! 

WOW! 

This is one of the times of year when it truly ROCKS to be a pastor/shephed/leader/teacher/priest for Jesus' church.  I am deeply grateful... especially when I ask anyone in the sanctuary to stand who has been confirmed at Calvary UMC... then, I catch a glimpse of the legacy of faith that God is accomplished through my mnistry. 

You may not know this.  But someones, we pastors, get lost in the long haul that ministry is.  But on Sundays such as this... we get to see the bigger picture and my, my...the vision of God's Kingdom glorious!

 

No comments: