Sunday, May 19, 2013

Celebrating my Mother in Law, Lee

Unlike many wives, my mother-in-law is awesome.  Sure, we do not agree on everything, but she values me, shows her love in very demonstrative ways, and respects our differences.  Most of all my mother in law and I share a deep passion for two very special people: Eric, my husband, and Diana, my daughter.

So, it is with great affection and sadness that we are now saying goodbye.  Her 12 year battle with breast cancer (which is now in her brain) is coming to an end.  Treatments have stopped.  Hospice is providing care and compassion while funeral plans are being made. 

Truly, "soon and very soon, we are going to see the King!"

Below is one of the last photos taken of Lee Ann with her husband of 50 plus years and her youngest granddaughter.  Lee Ann in the midst of her brain radition treatments arrived at my daughter's piano just 4 weeks ago! 

This is a lovely photo of a great couple... but notice my kidlet.  How she hugs her Nana says everything about the deep and abiding bond between these two "Knight" women.

A bond that will last forever, because love never ends through the grace of Jesus the Christ! 


Thank you Lee Ann, for being an awesome mother in law!  A terrific Nana to my kidlet!  And an amazing mother to my wonderful husband! 

Thanks for all the love- your legacy will live on... I promised you the other night that I will make sure to celebrate your legacy and your memory with my daughter for years to come!

This isn't goodbye, but merely, see you on the other side!  :)

No comments: