Tuesday, April 26, 2011

No Post-Easter Let Down for Me!

After over thousand people in worship (Saturday and Sunday)- you'd think I'd take some well-deserved time off. Or at least slow down a little.

Ha! I am trying to overachieve my way to crazy-ville!

It is 5 days and counting until Confirmation Sunday. We've got 7 interviews to go. Four baptisms in the creek on Saturday (there will be a plethora of water. may have to weigh down the baptismal candidates so they do not float away). And I've got a large amount of behind-the-scenes details to finish before this weekend (like my sermon)! I love making disciples and not church members.

But besides that small little event (ha ha), today my Bible study and I celebrated our final DISCIPLE Bible class today! Whoopee... in the Word and into the world was our theme. And now, with our priorities re-aligned we're all set to be DISCIPLES of Christ in the world.

Then, tonight I've got to finish my casserole for tomorrow's volunteer brunch at church. I am blessed with the help of our entire staff on this one, but I guess I am running 'point' as they say.

Sometime during the day I shall sneak off and complete a special errand in honor of our church administrator, Fay, (Wednesday is Secretary's Day, or now they call it Administrative Assistant's Week). Gotta keep the gifts and cards flowing...

So, for all those folks who think pastors ONLY WORK SUNDAYS or ONLY WORK DURING Christmas and Easter- I say, "Are you kidding?!!"

I'll take time off later... like either when I am dead or this summer which ever comes sooner.

No comments: