Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just in Case...the Bishop is Reading

...I did work today. To the left is proof. The evidence of my theological and pastoral prowess is staggering, I know.

Yes, you are viewing under-the-sea creatures made of Play dough that represent (from left to right): Patrick Star, Squidward, Spongebob Squarepants, and Gary the Snail (Spongebob's pet).

Because these critters live in the sea, they are all aware of their baptisms. (You knew, I would go there.)

Spongebob's baptismal mission provides joy and agape love to his grumpy neighbor, Squidward. Patrick's call is to be the best friend and follower a leader could have. Gary- is well- a pet who often outsmarts his owner. And Squidward's love of music is evidence that God's previenent grace goes before him even though his grumpy and mean attitude impacts his neighbors.

But, we know all creatures under the sea or on land above are 'works in progress.'

And so is my sermon which I left hours ago... to make Nickelodeon play dough creatures... it was tough to concentrate on my sermon research with a one-preschooler-marching-band performing around the room.

1 comment:

Todd Outcalt said...

Which one is the bishop?