Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holiday Lunch

I just had the one of the best holiday lunches ever and it had nothing to do with the food! (Meals were okay, but the service was shaky especially when the waitress dumped my ice tea on my friend's lap.)

My shout goes out today to girlfriends! Yippee- to have girlfriends! Girls need their girlfriends to talk and chat with like guys need their guy friends to tinker on a car motor and complain about their favorite sports teams.

Life often gets in the way of my time with girlfriends so when we do get together- it is special and meaningful. My girlfriends are funny, faith-filled, and fiercely strong (especially about their children.) Hearing their life stories and how they cope (or not) with stuff makes me feel less alone and strengthened. I learn so much from them.

Thanks gals, for making my holiday season and my life better & brighter!

My prayer is that every woman or man is a friend to themself by being a friend to someone else. It is the gift that keeps on giving.

Here's to friendship! (Just don't knock over the ice tea!)

No comments: