Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hallmark Got It Right

On a quick errand to finish shopping for my daughter's upcoming birthday- I ran into our local Hallmark store. I got for her what I needed- then my eye caught a new section of greeting cards.

First thing you need to know about me- I am a sucker for greeting cards. I love to send cards and I love to get cards. I send cards all the time. I am the only one in our house who uses stamps. My love language is words! I am a writer, don't you know?!

These new greeting cards I found were awesome. I read every one they had and literally sat in the store's aisle and cried. Each card said better and more eloquently than I can say what I want to say to my mother in law about her cancer/upcoming treatments.

You can guess what happened next; I bought a whole bunch. Tear strained and way over my shopping budget I made it to the check out counter. I complimented the store owner on these cards. She knowingly smiled and handed me a tissue with my change. Sigh.

No comments: