Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Hello Ocean

Hello Ocean, my old best friend!
We meet again on your sandy shores.

Matters not if I am six years old in skinny yellow bathing suit or twenty-something in a bikini or pushing fifty in a figure-flattering one piece...you welcome me just the same.

Open, spacious, massaging waves upon a beach littered with gifts of shells and creature discoveries. Really, you should not have?!  You give and give and give some more.

Hello Ocean, my old best friend!
Good to see you again...whether the Atlantic or Pacific coast, Caribbean island, or Gulf coast... you are different yet the same.  All the shades of blue are you.  Every mood from beauty and bright to dark and stormy.

Why do I always feel younger when I am with you even though I have aged?
What is this magic you weave that we are both forever young and playful?

Hello Ocean, my old best friend!
Your constant motion anchors me in beauty, hospitality, and wonder...

Goodbye, my old best friend...until we meet again!

No comments: