Wednesday, November 20, 2019

The Writing Before Me


What a gift of affirmation for me, when someone asks, "So, what are you writing about now?"

That question was presented to me by dear friends last week which got me to thinking;  "What have I been writing about these last few weeks?"

Here's my list...

1) The outline for my non-fiction book along with three sample chapters has been started.  I am in the content/editing phase of those chapters. Then, I need to buckle down and fill in the chapter summaries!  I have a long way to go on this project, but I am excited about the direction, tone, and content of my writing plans.

2) Our Life Fuel Retreat Ministry launched and we've already received several bookings.  So, my dear co-leader, Rhonda, and I are busy writing, organizing, and preparing retreat curriculum and content!  Exciting things are happening with this ministry!!

3) My annual thanksgiving list will be written in the next week so stay tuned for that letter of gratitude.  And after that, the family Christmas letter will be a must on my To Do List.  Those letters bring me to the final area of my writing lately...

4) Correspondence: emails, texts, and notes; also have preoccupied my writing time.  Communication, communication, and more communication makes the wheels of the world go around and around!

And when I am not writing, I am in the Word.  In late summer I re-introduced the Daily Office to my prayer and mediation time.  Meditating on sacred writings feeds my spirit so that my writing flows.

What writing is before you?

No comments: