Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Birthday Arrival

Seven years ago today I complained to my husband that I was "tired of being pregnant". My announcement proved to be a prophecy hours later when my water broke... and the birthing process began.

In between funeral and worship plans, retreat preparations, and the transition of my grandmother to a nursing care facility, we will pause everything at our house to celebrate a special birthday! Her parties (yes, she receives two) will be on Saturday, but tomorrow we will honor as the special day it is.

After I make her a special breakfast of chocolate chip muffins, I plan on going her to her school for lunch. Holy toledo, it is corn dog day! My daughter informed me with great emphasis that "lunch is a noisiest place on earth!" The social world of first graders sounds like an intriguing place to be. I shall put all my anthropology, psychology and sociology to good use tomorrow!

No comments: