Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Disciple Makers

We are preparing to graduate another wonderful group of kindergarten students from our Calvary Learning Academy. As our staff launch these young people into the 1st grade- I challenged the students with the challenge of Jesus. "Go make disciples of all nations..." Matthew 28:19

These kindergarten students with missing front teeth and wiggly bodies were not intimidated by this Jesus-sized challenge! They knew what to do. I asked them, "How do you make disciples?" And they answered, "make friends, meet someone new, help my grandmother, teach my sister, etc." Our students had wonderful ideas and ways that they are discipling others now and in the future. They are not only excited about the 1st grade but excited about how they can impact new friends, situations, and teachers with Jesus' size love.

I wish adults were as eager and excited about this calling (we all have) to be contagious with our faith. I pray that I am as simplistic and as eager about sharing what my relationship with Jesus means to me with others I meet.

May it be so with all of us.

No comments: